How to use English for transportation abroad?
坐地铁 — Taking the Subway
在陌生城市搭乘地铁,包括购票和问路线 This scene includes 22 dialogue turns across 2 conversation paths, helping you practice with 地铁工作人员.
Dialogue Preview · 对话预览
Buying a Ticket · 买票
basicExcuse me, could you help me with the ticket machine? I'm not sure how it works.
不好意思,能帮我看看这个售票机吗?我不太会用。
Of course! First, select your language — you can switch it to English here. Then choose your destination or a fare amount.
当然!先选语言——这里可以切换成英文。然后选目的地或者票价金额。
I need to get to Central Station. How much is a single ticket?
我要去中央车站。单程票多少钱?
A single ride to Central Station is $2.75. But if you're planning to ride more today, a day pass is $7 for unlimited rides.
去中央车站单程是2.75美元。不过如果你今天要多次乘坐,日票7美元可以无限次乘坐。
The day pass sounds like a better deal. I'll get one of those.
日票划算些。我买一张日票吧。
Great choice. The machine takes cash, credit cards, and contactless payments. Just tap here to select the day pass.
好选择。机器支持现金、信用卡和非接触式支付。点这里选日票。
Got it. Do I need to tap the card to enter and exit?
好的。进站和出站都要刷卡吗?
Yes, tap when you enter and tap again when you exit. Make sure to keep your card until the end of your last ride.
对,进站刷一次,出站再刷一次。一定要保留卡到最后一趟结束。
Thank you so much. Which platform do I need for Central Station?
太感谢了。去中央车站在哪个站台?
Take the Blue Line, Platform 2, heading northbound. It's three stops from here.
坐蓝线,2号站台,北行方向。从这里三站就到。
Blue Line, Platform 2, northbound. Got it. Thanks for your help!
蓝线,2号站台,北行。明白了。谢谢!
Asking About Routes · 问路线
intermediateExcuse me, I'm trying to get to the Museum of Natural History. Which line should I take?
不好意思,我想去自然历史博物馆。应该坐哪条线?
You'll need to take the Green Line and then transfer to the Red Line. Let me show you on the map.
你要坐绿线,然后换乘红线。我在地图上指给你看。
Where do I make the transfer?
在哪里换乘?
Transfer at Union Square. When you get off the Green Line, follow the signs for the Red Line — it's on the lower level. You can't miss it.
在联合广场站换乘。下绿线后,跟着红线的指示牌走——在下一层。很好找的。
How many stops is it from Union Square to the museum?
从联合广场到博物馆有几站?
It's four stops on the Red Line. Get off at 81st Street — the museum entrance is right by the station exit.
红线坐四站。在81街下车——博物馆入口就在出站口旁边。
And how long will the whole trip take, roughly?
整个行程大概要多久?
About 25 minutes total, including the transfer. Trains come every 5 minutes during the day, so you won't wait long.
加上换乘一共大约25分钟。白天每5分钟一班,不用等太久。
One last question — is there an express train, or are they all local?
最后一个问题——有快车吗,还是都是慢车?
On the Green Line there's an express that skips a few stops, but for your route you want the local train — the express doesn't stop at Union Square.
绿线有快车会跳过几站,但你要坐的路线应该坐慢车——快车不停联合广场站。
Good to know! I'll take the local. Thank you so much for your help.
还好你说了!我坐慢车。非常感谢你的帮助。
Key Phrases · 关键短语
select your language
选语言
destination
目的地
fare amount
票价金额
single ride
单程
day pass
日票
unlimited rides
无限次乘坐
contactless payments
非接触式支付
tap here
点这里
tap when you enter
进站刷卡
tap again when you exit
出站再刷
keep your card
保留卡
platform
站台
How to practice this scene · 如何练习
Listen · 听一遍
Play the full dialogue to understand the context and flow.
Repeat · 逐句跟读
Mimic pronunciation, intonation, and rhythm phrase by phrase.
Role-play · 角色扮演
Practice as the traveler while listening to the other speaker.
FAQ · 常见问题
What do you say when "taking the subway" in English?
What will staff/locals say to you during "taking the subway"?
How many English phrases are in this "Taking the Subway" scene?
Related Transport Scenes · 相关场景
View all →想要听到真人发音?立即开始练习
Want to hear native pronunciation? Start practicing now
免费注册,沉浸式练习这个场景的每一句对话
Sign up free for immersive practice with every phrase in this scene