How to order food in English at a restaurant?
退菜 — Returning a Dish
菜品不新鲜或有异物需要退换 This scene includes 16 dialogue turns across 2 conversation paths, helping you practice with 服务员/经理.
Dialogue Preview · 对话预览
Food Not Fresh · 菜品不新鲜
basicExcuse me, I think this fish isn't fresh. It smells a bit off.
不好意思,我觉得这鱼不新鲜。味道有点不对。
Oh, I'm sorry about that. Let me take it back and have the chef check it.
哦抱歉。我拿回去让厨师看看。
I'd rather not have the fish again. Can I order something different?
我不想再要鱼了。能换一道菜吗?
Of course. Would you like to look at the menu again? I'll make sure the fish is taken off your bill.
当然。要再看看菜单吗?鱼会从你账单上去掉。
I'll have the chicken pasta instead.
我换鸡肉意面。
Great. I'll put that in right away. Again, I sincerely apologize.
好的。我马上下单。再次真诚道歉。
Thank you for being understanding.
谢谢你理解。
Your chicken pasta. The manager has also given you a complimentary dessert. Please enjoy.
你的鸡肉意面。经理还送你一份甜品。请享用。
Foreign Object in Food · 发现异物
intermediateI found a hair in my salad. Can I speak with a manager?
我在沙拉里发现了一根头发。能找经理吗?
I'm the manager. I'm terribly sorry about that. May I see it?
我是经理。非常抱歉。能让我看看吗?
Here. This is really unacceptable.
在这里。这真的不能接受。
You're absolutely right, and I deeply apologize. I'll have a new salad made immediately, and your entire meal will be on the house tonight.
您说得完全对,我深表歉意。马上重做一份沙拉,今晚整顿饭免单。
Thank you. I've lost my appetite for the salad though. Can I just get the main course?
谢谢。不过我没胃口吃沙拉了。直接上主菜行吗?
💡 'On the house' 是固定用语,表示餐厅请客/免单。
Of course. I'll have your main course prioritized. And please accept a gift card for your next visit as well.
当然。我让你的主菜优先做。也请收下一张礼品卡下次来用。
I appreciate that. Thank you for taking this seriously.
感谢。谢谢你重视这件事。
We take food safety very seriously. I'll be speaking with the kitchen staff. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
我们非常重视食品安全。我会跟厨房人员谈。感谢你告知我们。
Key Phrases · 关键短语
smells off
味道不对
take it back
拿回去
taken off your bill
从账单上去掉
put that in
下单
complimentary dessert
免费甜品
terribly sorry
非常抱歉
on the house
免单/免费
deeply apologize
深表歉意
prioritized
优先
gift card
礼品卡
bringing this to our attention
告知我们
Cultural Notes · 文化注释
- •'On the house' 是固定用语,表示餐厅请客/免单。
How to practice this scene · 如何练习
Listen · 听一遍
Play the full dialogue to understand the context and flow.
Repeat · 逐句跟读
Mimic pronunciation, intonation, and rhythm phrase by phrase.
Role-play · 角色扮演
Practice as the traveler while listening to the other speaker.
FAQ · 常见问题
What do you say when "returning a dish" in English?
What will staff/locals say to you during "returning a dish"?
How many English phrases are in this "Returning a Dish" scene?
Are there cultural tips for "returning a dish" in English-speaking countries?
Related Restaurant Scenes · 相关场景
View all →想要听到真人发音?立即开始练习
Want to hear native pronunciation? Start practicing now
免费注册,沉浸式练习这个场景的每一句对话
Sign up free for immersive practice with every phrase in this scene