How to order food in English at a restaurant?
到店点餐 — Ordering at Restaurant
到达餐厅后的点餐全流程 This scene includes 21 dialogue turns across 2 conversation paths, helping you practice with 服务员.
Dialogue Preview · 对话预览
Full Ordering Process · 完整点餐
basicHi, we have a reservation for four under Wang.
你好,我们预订了四位,姓王。
Welcome! Yes, I see your reservation. Right this way, please. Here are your menus.
欢迎!看到您的预订了。请这边走。给您菜单。
Good evening! Can I start you off with something to drink?
晚上好!先来点喝的吗?
Yes, I'll have a glass of red wine, and water for the table, please.
好的,我要一杯红酒,再给桌上来一壶水。
Still or sparkling water?
纯净水还是气泡水?
💡 在国外餐厅,水通常分 still(不含气)和 sparkling(含气),且可能收费。可以要 tap water(自来水)免费。
Just tap water is fine, thank you.
自来水就行,谢谢。
Are you ready to order, or do you need a few more minutes?
准备好点菜了吗,还是再看几分钟?
I think we're ready. What do you recommend?
我们可以点了。你推荐什么?
Our grilled salmon is very popular, and tonight's special is a rack of lamb with rosemary. Both are excellent.
我们的烤三文鱼很受欢迎,今晚的特色菜是迷迭香烤羊排。都非常好。
I'll have the grilled salmon, please. And could I get the Caesar salad as a starter?
我要烤三文鱼。还要一份凯撒沙拉做前菜。
💡 "I'll have..." 是标准点餐句式,比 "I want..." 更礼貌。starter = appetizer = 前菜。
The salmon comes with your choice of sides — mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, or rice. Which would you like?
三文鱼可以选配菜——土豆泥、烤蔬菜或米饭。您要哪个?
Roasted vegetables, please.
烤蔬菜吧。
And how would you like your salmon? We can do medium or well-done.
三文鱼要几分熟?可以做五分熟或全熟。
Medium, please.
五分熟。
Asking About Dishes · 询问菜品
intermediateExcuse me, what exactly is the "Surf and Turf"? I'm not sure what that is.
请问,"Surf and Turf" 到底是什么?我不太确定。
Great question! It's a combination of seafood and steak — in our case, a grilled lobster tail paired with a filet mignon. It's one of our most popular dishes.
好问题!是海鲜和牛排的组合——我们的是烤龙虾尾配菲力牛排。这是我们最受欢迎的菜之一。
That sounds good, but how big is the portion? I don't want to order too much.
听起来不错,但分量大吗?我不想点太多。
It's quite generous — enough for one person as a main course. If you're having a starter as well, you probably won't need anything else.
分量挺大的——一个人做主菜足够了。如果还点了前菜,应该就不需要别的了。
Is this dish spicy at all?
这道菜辣吗?
Not at all. It's seasoned with garlic, butter, and herbs. But I can ask the chef to add some chili if you'd like it spicy.
完全不辣。用的是大蒜、黄油和香草调味。但如果您想要辣的,我可以让厨师加点辣椒。
No, that's fine. I'll go with the Surf and Turf, please.
不用辣,就这样吧。我要这个海陆双拼。
Key Phrases · 关键短语
right this way
请这边走
menus
菜单
start you off
先来
something to drink
喝的
still
纯净水/不含气
sparkling
气泡水/含气
ready to order
准备好点菜
a few more minutes
再看几分钟
popular
受欢迎
tonight's special
今晚特色菜
rack of lamb
烤羊排
excellent
非常好
Cultural Notes · 文化注释
- •在国外餐厅,水通常分 still(不含气)和 sparkling(含气),且可能收费。可以要 tap water(自来水)免费。
- •"I'll have..." 是标准点餐句式,比 "I want..." 更礼貌。starter = appetizer = 前菜。
How to practice this scene · 如何练习
Listen · 听一遍
Play the full dialogue to understand the context and flow.
Repeat · 逐句跟读
Mimic pronunciation, intonation, and rhythm phrase by phrase.
Role-play · 角色扮演
Practice as the traveler while listening to the other speaker.
FAQ · 常见问题
What do you say when "ordering at restaurant" in English?
What will staff/locals say to you during "ordering at restaurant"?
How many English phrases are in this "Ordering at Restaurant" scene?
Are there cultural tips for "ordering at restaurant" in English-speaking countries?
Related Restaurant Scenes · 相关场景
View all →想要听到真人发音?立即开始练习
Want to hear native pronunciation? Start practicing now
免费注册,沉浸式练习这个场景的每一句对话
Sign up free for immersive practice with every phrase in this scene