How to order food in English at a restaurant?
餐厅投诉 — Restaurant Complaint
在餐厅遇到问题时投诉,包括上错菜、食物质量不佳、等待太久等 This scene includes 18 dialogue turns across 2 conversation paths, helping you practice with 服务员/经理.
Dialogue Preview · 对话预览
Wrong Order · 上错菜
basicExcuse me, I think there's been a mix-up with my order. I ordered the grilled chicken, but this looks like the fried chicken.
不好意思,我的菜好像上错了。我点的是烤鸡,但这看着像炸鸡。
💡 用 "I think there's been a mix-up" 比直接说 "You gave me the wrong food" 更礼貌。
Oh, I'm so sorry about that! Let me check your order... You're right, you ordered the grilled chicken. I'll fix this right away.
哦,非常抱歉!让我查一下您的单……确实,您点的是烤鸡。我马上帮您换。
Thank you. Will it take long? We're kind of in a hurry.
谢谢。会很久吗?我们有点赶时间。
I'll ask the kitchen to prioritize it. Should be about 8 to 10 minutes. In the meantime, can I get you a complimentary appetizer while you wait?
我让厨房优先做。大概8到10分钟。等的时候要不要来一份免费开胃菜?
That would be great, thank you. I appreciate it.
那太好了,谢谢。非常感谢。
Here's your grilled chicken. Again, I'm really sorry for the mistake. I've also spoken with my manager, and we'll be taking the chicken off your bill.
您的烤鸡来了。再次为错误道歉。我也跟经理说了,烤鸡这道菜会从您的账单上去掉。
Wow, that's very generous. Thank you so much!
哇,太大方了。非常感谢!
It's the least we can do. Please enjoy your meal, and let me know if there's anything else I can help with.
这是我们应该做的。请享用,有需要随时叫我。
Food Quality & Long Wait · 食物质量与等待太久
intermediateExcuse me, we've been waiting over 45 minutes for our food. Is everything okay with our order?
不好意思,我们等了超过45分钟了。我们的菜没问题吧?
I'm so sorry for the wait. Let me check with the kitchen right now. I'll be right back.
非常抱歉让您久等了。我马上去厨房问一下。马上回来。
I checked, and your order should be out in about 5 more minutes. We're very busy tonight — I apologize again. Can I get you another round of drinks on the house while you wait?
我问了,您的菜大概再5分钟就好。今晚特别忙——再次道歉。等的时候再来一轮免费饮品好吗?
Yes, thank you. That would help. But when the food arrives, I hope the quality matches the wait.
好的,谢谢。但是菜上来的时候,我希望质量对得起这个等待时间。
Here we are, finally! Please let me know how everything tastes.
终于来了!请告诉我味道怎么样。
Actually, this steak is cold in the middle, and the fries are soggy. I'm sorry, but this isn't acceptable. Could I speak with the manager?
说实话,这个牛排中间是冷的,薯条也软塌塌的。不好意思,但这不能接受。我能和经理谈谈吗?
💡 在美国,要求见经理(speak with the manager)是处理严重问题的标准做法,不算失礼。
Hi, I'm Sarah, the manager on duty tonight. I understand you've had a poor experience, and I'm truly sorry. What can I do to make this right?
你好,我是 Sarah,今晚的值班经理。我了解您今晚的体验不好,非常抱歉。我能做什么来弥补?
We waited 45 minutes, and the steak arrived cold with soggy fries. We're celebrating a birthday, and this has really put a damper on the evening.
我们等了45分钟,牛排上来是冷的,薯条也不脆。我们在庆祝生日,今晚的体验真的大打折扣。
I completely understand, and that's not the experience we want for anyone, especially on a birthday. I'll have the kitchen redo the steak and fries right away. And I'd like to comp your entire meal tonight as an apology.
我完全理解,这不是我们想给任何人的体验,尤其是在生日。我会让厨房马上重做牛排和薯条。为了道歉,今晚你们的整顿饭我来免单。
Thank you, Sarah. I really appreciate you handling this so well. We'll definitely give the restaurant another chance.
谢谢你,Sarah。非常感谢你处理得这么好。我们一定会再给餐厅一次机会的。
Key Phrases · 关键短语
mix-up
搞混了
fix this right away
马上解决
prioritize
优先处理
in the meantime
在此期间
complimentary appetizer
免费开胃菜
taking it off your bill
从账单上去掉/免单
off your bill
在这句话里表示:从你的账单中扣除、不收这道菜的钱
the least we can do
这是我们应该做的
sorry for the wait
抱歉让您等了
check with the kitchen
去厨房问问
should be out
应该会上来
round of drinks
一轮饮品
Cultural Notes · 文化注释
- •用 "I think there's been a mix-up" 比直接说 "You gave me the wrong food" 更礼貌。
- •在美国,要求见经理(speak with the manager)是处理严重问题的标准做法,不算失礼。
How to practice this scene · 如何练习
Listen · 听一遍
Play the full dialogue to understand the context and flow.
Repeat · 逐句跟读
Mimic pronunciation, intonation, and rhythm phrase by phrase.
Role-play · 角色扮演
Practice as the traveler while listening to the other speaker.
FAQ · 常见问题
What do you say when "restaurant complaint" in English?
What will staff/locals say to you during "restaurant complaint"?
How many English phrases are in this "Restaurant Complaint" scene?
Are there cultural tips for "restaurant complaint" in English-speaking countries?
Related Restaurant Scenes · 相关场景
View all →想要听到真人发音?立即开始练习
Want to hear native pronunciation? Start practicing now
免费注册,沉浸式练习这个场景的每一句对话
Sign up free for immersive practice with every phrase in this scene