How to describe medical symptoms in English?
专科转诊 — Getting a Referral
向家庭医生申请专科转诊 This scene includes 12 dialogue turns across 2 conversation paths, helping you practice with 家庭医生.
Dialogue Preview · 对话预览
Requesting a Referral · 申请转诊
basicI have been having knee pain for several weeks. I think I need to see a specialist.
我膝盖痛了好几周了。我觉得需要看专科。
💡 在美国HMO保险计划中,看专科通常需要家庭医生(PCP)先开转诊单(referral)。PPO计划通常不需要。
I can refer you to an orthopedic specialist. Let me examine your knee first to include my findings in the referral.
我可以给您转诊到骨科专家。让我先检查一下您的膝盖,把我的发现写进转诊单。
Will my insurance cover the specialist visit?
我的保险能覆盖专科就诊吗?
With a referral from me, yes. You may have a specialist copay, which is usually higher than a primary care visit.
有我的转诊单就可以。您可能需要付专科共付额,通常比看家庭医生贵一些。
How long does it usually take to get an appointment with the specialist?
通常多久能约到专科?
Usually two to four weeks. My office will send the referral over today, and their team will call you to schedule.
通常两到四周。我的办公室今天会把转诊单发过去,他们的团队会打电话给您预约。
Following Up on a Referral · 跟进转诊进展
intermediateHi, my primary care doctor sent over a referral last week. I have not heard back about scheduling.
你好,我的家庭医生上周发了转诊单过来。但我还没收到预约的回复。
Let me look that up. What is your name and date of birth? I will check if we received the referral.
我查一下。您叫什么名字,出生日期是?我看看我们是否收到了转诊单。
My name is Wang Li, born June 10, 1990. The referral is for orthopedics.
我叫王丽,1990年6月10日出生。转诊是看骨科的。
I found it. The earliest available appointment is March 15th at 2 PM. Does that work for you?
找到了。最早的空位是3月15日下午2点。您方便吗?
That works. Do I need to bring anything to the appointment?
可以。我需要带什么去吗?
Bring your insurance card, photo ID, and any imaging or test results from your primary doctor. Please arrive 15 minutes early to fill out paperwork.
带上保险卡、带照片的证件,以及家庭医生那边的影像或检查结果。请提前15分钟到填写表格。
Key Phrases · 关键短语
refer you to
给您转诊到
orthopedic specialist
骨科专家
specialist copay
专科共付额
primary care visit
看家庭医生
two to four weeks
两到四周
send the referral over
把转诊单发过去
look that up
查一下
received the referral
收到转诊单
earliest available appointment
最早的空位
does that work for you
您方便吗
imaging or test results
影像或检查结果
arrive 15 minutes early
提前15分钟到
Cultural Notes · 文化注释
- •在美国HMO保险计划中,看专科通常需要家庭医生(PCP)先开转诊单(referral)。PPO计划通常不需要。
How to practice this scene · 如何练习
Listen · 听一遍
Play the full dialogue to understand the context and flow.
Repeat · 逐句跟读
Mimic pronunciation, intonation, and rhythm phrase by phrase.
Role-play · 角色扮演
Practice as the traveler while listening to the other speaker.
FAQ · 常见问题
What do you say when "getting a referral" in English?
What will staff/locals say to you during "getting a referral"?
How many English phrases are in this "Getting a Referral" scene?
Are there cultural tips for "getting a referral" in English-speaking countries?
Related Medical Scenes · 相关场景
View all →想要听到真人发音?立即开始练习
Want to hear native pronunciation? Start practicing now
免费注册,沉浸式练习这个场景的每一句对话
Sign up free for immersive practice with every phrase in this scene