What English do you need for daily life abroad?
找室友 — Finding a Roommate
通过网站或朋友介绍找合适的室友 This scene includes 17 dialogue turns across 2 conversation paths, helping you practice with 潜在室友.
Dialogue Preview · 对话预览
Basic Roommate Interview · 基本面谈
basicHi, thanks for coming to see the room! I'm looking for a roommate starting next month. Tell me a bit about yourself.
嗨,谢谢你来看房间!我下个月开始找室友。介绍一下你自己吧。
Sure! I'm a graduate student at the university. I'm pretty quiet and mostly study in my room or at the library. I keep a regular schedule — early to bed, early to rise.
好的!我是大学的研究生。比较安静,大部分时间在房间或图书馆学习。作息很规律——早睡早起。
That sounds great. I work from home, so I appreciate a quiet environment. Do you cook often?
听起来不错。我在家办公,所以也喜欢安静的环境。你经常做饭吗?
I cook most of my meals. I'm clean in the kitchen — I always wash my dishes right away. Do you have any rules about sharing kitchen stuff?
大部分饭自己做。厨房很干净——碗筷都马上洗。你对共用厨房用品有什么规定吗?
I think we can share basic things like pots and pans, but groceries are separate. How about overnight guests?
我觉得锅碗瓢盆这些可以共用,但食材各买各的。过夜的客人怎么说?
I rarely have guests stay over, but if I do, I'd always give you a heads up beforehand. I think communication is key for roommates.
我很少有人留宿,但如果有,一定会提前跟你说。我觉得室友之间沟通最重要。
Totally agree. The rent is $800 per month, utilities split 50-50. Move-in would be the first of next month. Sound good?
完全同意。房租每月800美元,水电费五五分。下月一号入住。可以吗?
That works for me! Do I need to sign a separate agreement with you, or am I added to the main lease?
没问题!我需要跟你单独签协议,还是加到主租约上?
I'll talk to the landlord about adding you to the lease. In the meantime, I'll draft a roommate agreement for us both to sign.
我跟房东商量把你加到租约上。同时我写一份室友协议我们双方签字。
Screening for Red Flags · 筛选不合适的室友
intermediateSo I work night shifts, so I'd be sleeping during the day. Is that cool? And I usually have friends over on weekends — we like to hang out and play music.
我上夜班,所以白天睡觉。没问题吧?而且周末经常有朋友来——我们一起玩音乐。
I see. I work from home during the day, so I need it to be quiet. How loud does it get on weekends?
这样啊。我白天在家办公,需要安静。周末会很吵吗?
I mean, it's not crazy loud, but we do play guitar and drums. Usually until midnight or so. Oh, and I have two cats — is that okay?
也不是特别吵,但我们弹吉他和打鼓。通常到午夜左右。哦对了,我有两只猫——行吗?
I appreciate your honesty. To be frank, I think our lifestyles might not be the best match. I need quiet during the day for work, and the lease only allows one pet.
谢谢你的坦诚。坦白说,我觉得我们的生活方式可能不太匹配。我工作需要白天安静,而且租约只允许养一只宠物。
Yeah, I totally get it. No hard feelings. It's better to figure this out now than have problems later.
嗯,我完全理解。没关系。现在搞清楚总比以后出问题好。
Exactly. I hope you find a great place. There are some bigger apartments in this complex that might work better for your lifestyle.
是的。希望你能找到好地方。这个小区有些大公寓可能更适合你的生活方式。
Thanks for the tip! Good luck finding a roommate.
谢谢建议!祝你找到好室友。
Thanks, you too! Take care.
谢谢,你也是!保重。
Key Phrases · 关键短语
graduate student
研究生
keep a regular schedule
作息规律
wash my dishes right away
马上洗碗
kitchen stuff
厨房用品
give you a heads up
提前通知你
communication is key
沟通最重要
separate agreement
单独协议
main lease
主租约
night shifts
夜班
hang out
聚会/玩
not crazy loud
不是特别吵
no hard feelings
没有怨气/不介意
How to practice this scene · 如何练习
Listen · 听一遍
Play the full dialogue to understand the context and flow.
Repeat · 逐句跟读
Mimic pronunciation, intonation, and rhythm phrase by phrase.
Role-play · 角色扮演
Practice as the traveler while listening to the other speaker.
FAQ · 常见问题
What do you say when "finding a roommate" in English?
What will staff/locals say to you during "finding a roommate"?
How many English phrases are in this "Finding a Roommate" scene?
Related Daily Life Scenes · 相关场景
View all →想要听到真人发音?立即开始练习
Want to hear native pronunciation? Start practicing now
免费注册,沉浸式练习这个场景的每一句对话
Sign up free for immersive practice with every phrase in this scene