What English do you need for daily life abroad?
请邻居帮忙看宠物 — Asking a Neighbor to Pet-Sit
出差或旅行期间请邻居/朋友帮忙照看宠物,交接喂食和钥匙细节 This scene includes 20 dialogue turns across 2 conversation paths, helping you practice with 邻居.
Dialogue Preview · 对话预览
Asking for the Favor · 第一次开口请邻居帮忙
basicHey Sarah, do you have a minute? I wanted to ask you something.
嘿 Sarah,你有空吗?想问你个事。
Sure, what's up?
当然,什么事?
So, we're going out of town next weekend — would you be able to feed our cat while we're away? It would just be for four days.
我们下周末要出趟门——你能帮我们喂猫吗?就四天。
💡 美国人请邻居帮忙看宠物很常见。通常会给对方一把钥匙+详细的 care instructions。回来后送个小礼物表示感谢。
Oh, absolutely! I love cats. What's her name again? Mochi, right?
完全没问题!我很喜欢猫。她叫什么来着?Mochi 对吧?
Yes! She's pretty low-maintenance, honestly. Just needs food twice a day and fresh water.
对!她很好打理,说实话。一天喂两次加换水就行。
That's easy enough. Does she need anything else — like, does she take any medication or anything?
这很简单。她还需要别的吗——比如吃药什么的?
No medication. Actually — she does have a bit of a sensitive stomach, so please just stick to her regular food. I'll leave everything on the kitchen counter.
不用吃药。不过——她肠胃有点敏感,所以请只喂她的日常猫粮就好。我会把东西都放厨房台面上。
Got it — no treats, no people food, just her regular stuff. And how do I get in? Do you want me to use the spare key?
明白——不给零食,不给人吃的东西,只喂她平常的。那我怎么进去?用备用钥匙?
I'll give you our spare key before we leave. And I'll text you our vet's number, just in case. We really appreciate this, Sarah.
走之前我把备用钥匙给你。我也会短信发兽医电话给你,以防万一。真的太感谢你了,Sarah。
Happy to help! Honestly, it'll be fun having a little visitor. You two enjoy your trip — Mochi's in good hands.
很高兴能帮忙!说实话,有个小家伙来串门挺开心的。你们好好享受旅行——Mochi 交给我你们放心。
Handoff Details: Keys, Feeding & Emergency · 交接细节:钥匙、喂食、紧急联系
intermediateOkay Sarah, here's the spare key. Let me walk you through Mochi's routine real quick.
好了 Sarah,这是备用钥匙。我快速跟你过一遍 Mochi 的日常。
Sounds good. So, morning and evening feeding — what time exactly?
好的。早晚各喂一次——具体几点?
Around 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. But honestly, she's not picky about exact times — within an hour is fine. Half a cup of dry food each time, and I measured it out — the scoop is right next to the bag.
大概早上7点和下午6点。不过说实话,她对时间不挑——前后一小时内都行。每次半杯干粮,我量好了——量勺就在粮袋旁边。
Wait — sorry, did you say half a cup or a full cup? I want to make sure I get it right.
等一下——抱歉,你说的是半杯还是一整杯?我想确认一下。
Half a cup — she's a small cat. If you give her more, she'll eat it all and then throw up. I learned that the hard way.
半杯——她是小猫。如果给多了,她会全吃掉然后吐。这是我吃过的亏。
Ha! Good to know. So half a cup, scoop next to the bag. What about water — do I just refill her bowl?
哈!好的,记住了。半杯,量勺在袋旁边。水呢——就加满她的水碗?
Yeah, just dump out the old water and refill it with fresh. She's weird about stale water. Oh, and one more thing — the litter box. If you could scoop it once a day, that'd be amazing. The scooper and trash bags are right next to it.
对,把旧水倒掉换新水就行。她对不新鲜的水很挑剔。哦对了还有一件事——猫砂盆。如果你能每天铲一次就太好了。铲子和垃圾袋就在旁边。
No problem at all. And if something seems off — like she's not eating or acting weird — should I call you first, or go straight to the vet?
完全没问题。如果她有什么不对劲——比如不吃东西或行为异常——我是先打给你还是直接去兽医?
Call me first — I'll probably be able to tell you if it's normal. But if it's something urgent, like she's having trouble breathing, just go straight to the vet. I texted you the address already.
先打给我——我大概能判断是不是正常的。但如果是紧急情况,比如呼吸困难,就直接去兽医。地址我已经短信发给你了。
Perfect. Got the vet's info saved. Honestly, don't worry about a thing — go enjoy your trip. Mochi and I will be just fine!
好的。兽医信息存好了。说真的,什么都别担心——好好享受旅行。我和 Mochi 会相处得很好的!
Key Phrases · 关键短语
what's up
什么事/怎么了
What's her name again?
她叫什么来着?
take any medication
吃药
or anything
什么的(口语万能后缀)
people food
人吃的食物
spare key
备用钥匙
in good hands
交给可靠的人/放心
what time exactly
具体几点
I want to make sure I get it right
我想确认一下
refill
重新加满
something seems off
有什么不对劲
acting weird
行为异常
Cultural Notes · 文化注释
- •美国人请邻居帮忙看宠物很常见。通常会给对方一把钥匙+详细的 care instructions。回来后送个小礼物表示感谢。
How to practice this scene · 如何练习
Listen · 听一遍
Play the full dialogue to understand the context and flow.
Repeat · 逐句跟读
Mimic pronunciation, intonation, and rhythm phrase by phrase.
Role-play · 角色扮演
Practice as the traveler while listening to the other speaker.
FAQ · 常见问题
What do you say when "asking a neighbor to pet-sit" in English?
What will staff/locals say to you during "asking a neighbor to pet-sit"?
How many English phrases are in this "Asking a Neighbor to Pet-Sit" scene?
Are there cultural tips for "asking a neighbor to pet-sit" in English-speaking countries?
Related Daily Life Scenes · 相关场景
View all →想要听到真人发音?立即开始练习
Want to hear native pronunciation? Start practicing now
免费注册,沉浸式练习这个场景的每一句对话
Sign up free for immersive practice with every phrase in this scene