How to communicate professionally in English at work?
表扬同事 — Praising a Colleague
在工作中真诚地表扬同事的贡献 This scene includes 12 dialogue turns across 2 conversation paths, helping you practice with 同事.
Dialogue Preview · 对话预览
One-on-One Praise · 一对一表扬
basicHey, I just wanted to say — you did an amazing job on the client presentation yesterday. The data visualizations were really impressive.
嘿,我就想说——你昨天的客户演示做得太棒了。那些数据可视化真的很让人印象深刻。
💡 在美国职场,同事间互相表扬是非常常见的,表达要真诚具体。
Oh wow, thank you so much! That really means a lot. I actually spent the whole weekend working on those charts.
哇,太感谢了!这对我来说意义重大。我其实整个周末都在做那些图表。
It definitely showed. The way you broke down the quarterly numbers made it so easy for the client to understand. I think that is what sealed the deal.
这肯定看得出来。你把季度数据分解的方式让客户很容易理解。我觉得那就是成交的关键。
That is so kind of you to say. Honestly, your feedback on the draft last week helped a lot too. It was a real team effort.
你太客气了。说实话,你上周对草稿的反馈也帮了大忙。这真的是团队的功劳。
We do make a good team. I think you should share those visualization templates with the rest of the department. Everyone could benefit from them.
我们确实是好搭档。我觉得你应该把那些可视化模板分享给整个部门。大家都能从中受益。
That is a great idea! I will put together a short guide and send it out. Thanks again for the kind words — it really made my day.
这是个好主意!我会整理一个简短的指南发出去。再次感谢你的赞美——真的让我一天都很开心。
Public Recognition in a Meeting · 会议上公开表扬
intermediateBefore we move on, I would like to give a shout-out to Sarah for going above and beyond on the product launch last week.
在我们继续之前,我想特别表扬一下Sarah上周在产品发布上做的超出预期的工作。
💡 在美国职场,会议上公开表扬同事(shout-out / kudos)是非常受鼓励的文化。
Oh, thank you! I appreciate that. It was definitely a team effort, but I am glad the extra hours paid off.
哦,谢谢!我很感激。这绝对是团队的功劳,但我很高兴额外的付出有了回报。
Specifically, Sarah single-handedly coordinated with three different vendors and resolved a last-minute supply chain issue that could have delayed the launch by two weeks.
具体来说,Sarah独自协调了三家不同的供应商,还解决了一个可能导致发布延迟两周的最后关头的供应链问题。
Ha, that vendor situation was intense! But I learned a lot from it. I actually documented the whole process in case we run into something similar again.
哈,那个供应商的情况确实紧张!但我从中学到了很多。我其实已经把整个过程记录下来了,以防我们再遇到类似情况。
That is exactly the kind of initiative we need more of. Would you be willing to do a quick knowledge-sharing session for the team?
这正是我们需要更多的那种主动性。你愿意给团队做一个简短的知识分享吗?
I would love to! I will set something up for next week. Thanks for the opportunity and the kind words in front of everyone.
我很乐意!我下周安排一下。谢谢你给我这个机会,还有在大家面前说的好话。
Key Phrases · 关键短语
that really means a lot
这对我意义重大
spent the whole weekend
花了整个周末
that is so kind of you to say
你太客气了
a real team effort
真正的团队协作
put together a short guide
整理一个简短指南
made my day
让我很开心
the extra hours paid off
额外的付出有了回报
a team effort
团队的功劳
documented the whole process
记录了整个过程
in case we run into something similar
以防遇到类似情况
I would love to
我很乐意
thanks for the opportunity
谢谢这个机会
Cultural Notes · 文化注释
- •在美国职场,同事间互相表扬是非常常见的,表达要真诚具体。
- •在美国职场,会议上公开表扬同事(shout-out / kudos)是非常受鼓励的文化。
How to practice this scene · 如何练习
Listen · 听一遍
Play the full dialogue to understand the context and flow.
Repeat · 逐句跟读
Mimic pronunciation, intonation, and rhythm phrase by phrase.
Role-play · 角色扮演
Practice as the traveler while listening to the other speaker.
FAQ · 常见问题
What do you say when "praising a colleague" in English?
What will staff/locals say to you during "praising a colleague"?
How many English phrases are in this "Praising a Colleague" scene?
Are there cultural tips for "praising a colleague" in English-speaking countries?
Related Workplace Scenes · 相关场景
View all →想要听到真人发音?立即开始练习
Want to hear native pronunciation? Start practicing now
免费注册,沉浸式练习这个场景的每一句对话
Sign up free for immersive practice with every phrase in this scene