How to communicate professionally in English at work?
和同事吃午饭 — Lunch with Colleagues
和同事一起吃午饭,聊工作和生活 This scene includes 12 dialogue turns across 2 conversation paths, helping you practice with 同事.
Dialogue Preview · 对话预览
Inviting a Colleague to Lunch · 约同事吃饭
basicHey, are you free for lunch? I was thinking of trying that new Thai place down the street.
嘿,你中午有空吗?我想去试试街对面新开的泰国餐厅。
💡 在美国办公室,同事之间约午饭很常见,是建立关系的好方式。
Sounds great! I love Thai food. What time works for you?
听起来不错!我喜欢泰国菜。你几点方便?
How about twelve thirty? That way we can beat the lunch rush.
十二点半怎么样?这样可以避开午饭高峰。
Perfect. Should we invite anyone else from the team?
完美。要不要再叫团队里其他人?
Sure, the more the merrier. I will send a message in the group chat.
当然,人多更热闹。我在群里发个消息。
💡 "the more the merrier" 是非常常用的英语俗语,表示人越多越好。
Great, I will meet you in the lobby at twelve thirty then. Looking forward to it!
好的,那我十二点半在大厅等你。期待!
Lunch Small Talk · 午饭闲聊
intermediateSo, have you been working on anything interesting lately? I heard your team just launched a new feature.
所以,你最近在做什么有意思的事吗?我听说你们团队刚上线了一个新功能。
Yeah, we just rolled out a dashboard redesign. It was a lot of work, but the feedback has been really positive so far.
是的,我们刚完成了仪表盘的重新设计。工作量很大,但到目前为止反馈非常正面。
💡 午饭时聊工作进展是很自然的,但要注意不要透露敏感信息。
That is awesome. By the way, are you doing anything fun this weekend?
那太好了。对了,你这周末有什么好玩的计划吗?
Actually, I am thinking of checking out a hiking trail nearby. Do you have any recommendations?
其实,我在考虑去附近走一条徒步路线。你有什么推荐吗?
Oh, you should try Eagle Creek Trail. It is about a thirty-minute drive, and the views are incredible.
哦,你应该试试Eagle Creek步道。大概开车三十分钟,风景超棒。
That sounds perfect. I will definitely check it out. Thanks for the recommendation!
听起来太棒了。我一定去看看。谢谢推荐!
Key Phrases · 关键短语
what time works for you
你几点方便
sounds great
听起来不错
invite anyone else
再叫其他人
from the team
团队里的
meet you in the lobby
在大厅等你
looking forward to it
期待
working on anything interesting
做什么有意思的事
just launched
刚上线
by the way
对了/顺便说一下
anything fun
什么好玩的
you should try
你应该试试
the views are incredible
风景超棒
Cultural Notes · 文化注释
- •在美国办公室,同事之间约午饭很常见,是建立关系的好方式。
- •"the more the merrier" 是非常常用的英语俗语,表示人越多越好。
- •午饭时聊工作进展是很自然的,但要注意不要透露敏感信息。
How to practice this scene · 如何练习
Listen · 听一遍
Play the full dialogue to understand the context and flow.
Repeat · 逐句跟读
Mimic pronunciation, intonation, and rhythm phrase by phrase.
Role-play · 角色扮演
Practice as the traveler while listening to the other speaker.
FAQ · 常见问题
What do you say when "lunch with colleagues" in English?
What will staff/locals say to you during "lunch with colleagues"?
How many English phrases are in this "Lunch with Colleagues" scene?
Are there cultural tips for "lunch with colleagues" in English-speaking countries?
Related Workplace Scenes · 相关场景
View all →想要听到真人发音?立即开始练习
Want to hear native pronunciation? Start practicing now
免费注册,沉浸式练习这个场景的每一句对话
Sign up free for immersive practice with every phrase in this scene