How to communicate professionally in English at work?
礼貌反对 — Disagreeing Politely
在工作中礼貌地表达不同意见 This scene includes 12 dialogue turns across 2 conversation paths, helping you practice with 同事.
Dialogue Preview · 对话预览
Expressing Disagreement in a Meeting · 会议中表达异议
basicI think we should move the product launch up by two weeks. The sooner we get it out, the better our competitive advantage.
我觉得我们应该把产品发布提前两周。越早推出,竞争优势越大。
I see where you are coming from, and I agree that speed matters. However, I have some concerns about rushing the timeline.
我理解你的出发点,我也同意速度很重要。但是,我对赶时间有一些顾虑。
💡 先肯定对方的观点再提出反对意见,是美国职场中最有效的反对方式。
What kind of concerns? I think the product is in pretty good shape already.
什么顾虑?我觉得产品已经挺不错了。
Based on the latest QA report, we still have twelve critical bugs that need to be fixed. Launching with those could hurt our reputation more than a two-week delay would.
根据最新的QA报告,我们还有十二个关键bug需要修复。带着这些bug发布对我们声誉的伤害可能比延迟两周更大。
Hmm, that is a fair point. I did not realize there were that many critical issues. What do you suggest instead?
嗯,这说得有道理。我没意识到有这么多关键问题。你有什么建议?
What if we stick to the original timeline, but do a soft launch with our beta users first? That way we get early feedback while keeping quality high.
如果我们保持原来的时间表,但先对beta用户做一个软发布怎么样?这样我们可以在保持质量的同时获得早期反馈。
Handling Persistent Disagreement · 面对坚持己见的同事
intermediateI still think we should switch to the new framework. It is faster and everyone is using it. We are going to fall behind if we do not.
我还是觉得我们应该换用新框架。它更快,大家都在用。如果我们不换,就会落后。
I appreciate your enthusiasm for the new technology. You raise a valid point about staying current. Can I share a different perspective on the timing, though?
我很欣赏你对新技术的热情。关于跟上潮流你说得有道理。不过我能分享一个关于时机的不同看法吗?
💡 用"Can I share a different perspective"比"I disagree"更不具对抗性。
Sure, but I have done the research. The migration would only take about a month. I really think we should just go for it.
好啊,但我做过调研了。迁移大概只需要一个月。我真的觉得我们应该直接做。
I respect the research you have done. My concern is less about the framework itself and more about the impact on our current sprint commitments. We have three client deliverables due next month.
我很尊重你做的调研。我的顾虑不在框架本身,而更多是对当前冲刺承诺的影响。我们下个月有三个客户交付物要完成。
I see what you mean. I had not considered the client deadlines. Maybe the timing is not ideal right now.
我明白你的意思了。我没考虑到客户截止日期。也许现在的时机确实不太好。
How about this — let us revisit it after the client deliverables are done. We could do a proof of concept in Q3 and plan the full migration for Q4. That way we are prepared and nothing slips.
这样怎么样——客户交付物完成后我们再讨论。我们可以在第三季度做一个概念验证,然后第四季度做完整迁移。这样我们既准备好了,也不会耽误事。
Key Phrases · 关键短语
move the launch up
提前发布
competitive advantage
竞争优势
what kind of concerns
什么顾虑
in pretty good shape
挺不错/状态不错
that is a fair point
这说得有道理
what do you suggest
你有什么建议
everyone is using it
大家都在用
fall behind
落后
done the research
做过调研
just go for it
直接做
I see what you mean
我明白你的意思
had not considered
没有考虑到
Cultural Notes · 文化注释
- •先肯定对方的观点再提出反对意见,是美国职场中最有效的反对方式。
- •用"Can I share a different perspective"比"I disagree"更不具对抗性。
How to practice this scene · 如何练习
Listen · 听一遍
Play the full dialogue to understand the context and flow.
Repeat · 逐句跟读
Mimic pronunciation, intonation, and rhythm phrase by phrase.
Role-play · 角色扮演
Practice as the traveler while listening to the other speaker.
FAQ · 常见问题
What do you say when "disagreeing politely" in English?
What will staff/locals say to you during "disagreeing politely"?
How many English phrases are in this "Disagreeing Politely" scene?
Are there cultural tips for "disagreeing politely" in English-speaking countries?
Related Workplace Scenes · 相关场景
View all →想要听到真人发音?立即开始练习
Want to hear native pronunciation? Start practicing now
免费注册,沉浸式练习这个场景的每一句对话
Sign up free for immersive practice with every phrase in this scene