How to make small talk in English?
志愿者活动 — Volunteer Event
参加社区志愿者活动,做贡献交朋友 This scene includes 12 dialogue turns across 2 conversation paths, helping you practice with 志愿者协调员.
Dialogue Preview · 对话预览
First Volunteer Experience · 第一次做志愿者
basicHi, I signed up online to volunteer at the food bank today. This is my first time — where should I go?
你好,我在网上报名了今天在食物银行做志愿者。第一次来——我应该去哪?
💡 Food bank(食物银行)是美国最常见的志愿者机会之一。给低收入家庭分发食物。是认识人和回馈社区的好方式。
Welcome! We're so glad you're here. I'm Maria, the volunteer coordinator. First, grab an apron and gloves from that table. Today we're sorting donated food into family boxes. Each box gets canned goods, pasta, rice, and fresh vegetables.
欢迎!太高兴你能来。我是 Maria,志愿者协调员。先去那张桌子拿围裙和手套。今天我们把捐赠的食物分装成家庭箱。每箱放罐头、意面、大米和新鲜蔬菜。
Got it! This is a great organization. How many families do you serve each week?
明白了!这是一个很棒的机构。你们每周服务多少家庭?
About 500 families a week! The need has grown a lot since the pandemic. That's why volunteers like you are so important. Even two hours makes a huge difference. After we finish packing, we load the vans for delivery.
每周大约500个家庭!疫情以来需求增长了很多。所以像你这样的志愿者非常重要。即使两个小时也能产生巨大的影响。打包完后我们把箱子装车送出去。
That's incredible. I had no idea the need was so big. I'd love to come back regularly. Can I sign up for a weekly shift?
太了不起了。没想到需求这么大。我想定期来。能报名每周固定时段吗?
We would LOVE that! Consistent volunteers are our rock. Saturdays from 9 to noon are our busiest — that's when we need the most help. I'll get you set up in our system. And thank you, Wei — people like you make this community stronger.
我们太需要了!固定志愿者是我们的支柱。周六早上9点到中午最忙——那时最需要帮忙。我帮你在系统里注册。谢谢你 Wei——像你这样的人让社区更强大。
Bonding with Fellow Volunteers · 和其他志愿者交流
intermediateHey, you're new right? I'm Jake. Been volunteering here every Saturday for about two years. What brought you out today?
嘿,你是新来的吧?我是 Jake。每周六在这里做志愿者大约两年了。今天是什么让你来的?
Nice to meet you, Jake! I'm Wei, just moved here from China a few months ago. I wanted to give back to the community and also meet people. Volunteering seemed like the perfect way to do both!
认识你很高兴 Jake!我是 Wei,几个月前从中国搬来的。想回馈社区也想认识人。做志愿者好像是两全其美的方式!
That's awesome, man. Honestly, that's exactly why I started too. I was going through a rough time and volunteering helped me get out of my own head. Plus, the people here are incredible. Some of my closest friends I met right here, packing boxes.
太棒了兄弟。说实话,我开始的原因也一样。我当时经历了一段困难时期,做志愿者帮我走出自己的困境。而且这里的人太好了。我一些最亲密的朋友就是在这里一边打包箱子一边认识的。
I can see why — everyone here is so warm. In China, volunteering culture is growing but it's still pretty new. I love that it's such a big part of community life here in America.
我能理解为什么——这里每个人都好热情。在中国,志愿者文化在发展但还比较新。我喜欢这里志愿活动是社区生活的重要部分。
That's really cool to hear. Hey, you should come to our volunteer appreciation dinner next month — it's free, great food, and you'll meet the whole team. Also, a bunch of us play soccer on Sunday mornings if you're into that. We need more players!
很高兴听你这么说。嘿,你应该来参加下个月的志愿者感恩晚餐——免费的,食物很好,你能认识整个团队。另外,我们一群人周日早上踢足球,如果你感兴趣的话。我们需要更多球员!
I'd love all of that! Soccer AND a free dinner? Count me in! This has already been so much more than I expected. I came to pack boxes and ended up finding a whole community.
我都想参加!踢球和免费晚餐?算我一个!这已经远超我的期望了。来打包箱子却找到了一个完整的社区。
Key Phrases · 关键短语
volunteer coordinator
志愿者协调员
donated food
捐赠的食物
canned goods
罐头食品
makes a huge difference
产生巨大影响
load the vans
装车
consistent volunteers are our rock
固定志愿者是我们的支柱
make this community stronger
让社区更强大
what brought you out
是什么让你来的
been volunteering
一直在做志愿者
going through a rough time
经历困难时期
get out of my own head
走出自己的困境/不再胡思乱想
volunteer appreciation dinner
志愿者感恩晚餐
Cultural Notes · 文化注释
- •Food bank(食物银行)是美国最常见的志愿者机会之一。给低收入家庭分发食物。是认识人和回馈社区的好方式。
How to practice this scene · 如何练习
Listen · 听一遍
Play the full dialogue to understand the context and flow.
Repeat · 逐句跟读
Mimic pronunciation, intonation, and rhythm phrase by phrase.
Role-play · 角色扮演
Practice as the traveler while listening to the other speaker.
FAQ · 常见问题
What do you say when "volunteer event" in English?
What will staff/locals say to you during "volunteer event"?
How many English phrases are in this "Volunteer Event" scene?
Are there cultural tips for "volunteer event" in English-speaking countries?
Related Social Scenes · 相关场景
View all →想要听到真人发音?立即开始练习
Want to hear native pronunciation? Start practicing now
免费注册,沉浸式练习这个场景的每一句对话
Sign up free for immersive practice with every phrase in this scene