How to make small talk in English?
参加聚会 — Attending a Party
参加家庭聚会或朋友派对,包括自我介绍、融入群体和带礼物的礼仪 This scene includes 22 dialogue turns across 2 conversation paths, helping you practice with 派对主人/其他客人.
Dialogue Preview · 对话预览
Arriving and Mingling · 到达和融入
basicHi, Sarah! Thanks so much for inviting me. I brought some wine — I hope you like red!
嗨,Sarah!太感谢你邀请我了。我带了瓶红酒——希望你喜欢红的!
💡 在欧美,去别人家做客带一瓶酒是最常见的礼物。也可以带甜点、鲜花或小礼品。
Oh, you didn't have to! But thank you, I love red wine. Come on in! Make yourself at home. Let me take your coat.
你太客气了!不过谢谢,我喜欢红酒。快进来!就当自己家。我帮你挂外套。
Thank you! Your place is beautiful. I love what you've done with the decorations.
谢谢!你家好漂亮。装饰得真好。
💡 到别人家首先夸赞房子或装饰是很好的礼貌。
Aw, thanks! Come, let me introduce you to some people. Everyone, this is Wang — he's a friend from work. Wang, this is Mike and Lisa.
谢谢!来,我介绍几个人给你认识。大家,这是王——我的同事。王,这是 Mike 和 Lisa。
Nice to meet you both! So how do you know Sarah?
很高兴认识你们!你们怎么认识 Sarah 的?
💡 "How do you know the host?" 是派对上最自然的开场白之一。
We're neighbors — we've lived next door for about three years now. What about you? Sarah mentioned you're originally from China?
我们是邻居——住隔壁大概三年了。你呢?Sarah 说你是中国来的?
Yes, I'm from Shanghai. I've been in the US for about two years now. Still getting used to some things!
是的,我是上海来的。来美国大概两年了。有些东西还在适应!
Oh, I've always wanted to visit Shanghai! I hear the food there is incredible. What do you miss most?
哦,我一直想去上海!听说那里的美食特别棒。你最想念什么?
Definitely the food! Especially the soup dumplings — xiaolongbao. Nothing here quite compares.
当然是美食!尤其是小笼包。这里怎么都比不上。
I love xiaolongbao! There's actually a really good place in Chinatown. We should all go sometime! Can I get you something to drink? There's beer, wine, and some cocktails on the table.
我爱小笼包!唐人街有一家特别好吃。改天一起去!给你拿点喝的?桌上有啤酒、红酒和鸡尾酒。
I'd love a beer, please. This is such a great party — I'm really glad I came!
来杯啤酒吧。这个聚会太棒了——真高兴我来了!
Socializing at the Party · 聚会中互动
intermediateHey Wang, we're about to play a board game. Want to join? It's really easy — no experience needed.
嘿王,我们要玩桌游了。要来吗?很简单的——不需要经验。
Sure, I'll give it a try! What are we playing?
好啊,我试试!玩什么?
💡 "I'll give it a try" 比 "I don't know how" 更积极,表示愿意尝试。
It's called Codenames. You just guess words based on clues. I'll explain as we go — it's more fun that way.
叫 Codenames。根据提示猜词。我边玩边教——那样更好玩。
Sounds fun! I might need a little help with some English words though.
听起来很好玩!不过有些英语单词可能需要帮忙。
No worries at all! That's what teammates are for. You can be on my team — we'll crush it together!
完全没关系!队友就是用来帮忙的嘛。你跟我一队——我们一起赢!
Ha, let's do it! Oh, by the way — should I bring something to the kitchen? I noticed some empty plates.
哈哈,来吧!对了——要不要把东西拿到厨房?我看到有些空盘子。
💡 主动帮忙收拾是好客人的表现,但有些主人可能会说 "Oh, don't worry about it!"
Oh, that's so nice of you, but don't worry about it! Just relax and enjoy yourself. Can I get anyone more drinks while I'm up?
你太贴心了,但不用管!放松享受就好。我站起来了,有人要续杯吗?
I'm good, thanks! Actually, I should probably get going soon. I have an early morning tomorrow.
我不用了,谢谢!其实我可能要走了。明天一早有事。
💡 告辞时不用突然离开,说 "I should probably get going" 自然又礼貌。
Already? Well, I'm so glad you came! It was great having you. Let me walk you to the door.
这就走了?不过真高兴你来了!有你在真好。我送你到门口。
Thank you for everything, Sarah. The food was amazing and I had such a great time. Let's do this again soon!
谢谢你的一切,Sarah。食物太好吃了,我玩得特别开心。改天再聚!
Definitely! Get home safe. Text me when you get in so I know you're okay!
一定!路上注意安全。到家发个消息,让我知道你到了!
💡 朋友之间说 "text me when you get in/home" 是很暖心的关心,表示在乎你的安全。
Key Phrases · 关键短语
you didn't have to
你不用带的/太客气了
make yourself at home
就当自己家
let me take your coat
我帮你挂外套
let me introduce you
我介绍你认识
a friend from work
工作上的朋友/同事
neighbors
邻居
next door
隔壁
originally from
来自/老家是
I've always wanted to visit
我一直想去
what do you miss most
你最想念什么
we should all go sometime
改天一起去
can I get you something to drink
给你拿点喝的吗
Cultural Notes · 文化注释
- •在欧美,去别人家做客带一瓶酒是最常见的礼物。也可以带甜点、鲜花或小礼品。
- •到别人家首先夸赞房子或装饰是很好的礼貌。
- •"How do you know the host?" 是派对上最自然的开场白之一。
- •"I'll give it a try" 比 "I don't know how" 更积极,表示愿意尝试。
- •主动帮忙收拾是好客人的表现,但有些主人可能会说 "Oh, don't worry about it!"
- •告辞时不用突然离开,说 "I should probably get going" 自然又礼貌。
- •朋友之间说 "text me when you get in/home" 是很暖心的关心,表示在乎你的安全。
How to practice this scene · 如何练习
Listen · 听一遍
Play the full dialogue to understand the context and flow.
Repeat · 逐句跟读
Mimic pronunciation, intonation, and rhythm phrase by phrase.
Role-play · 角色扮演
Practice as the traveler while listening to the other speaker.
FAQ · 常见问题
What do you say when "attending a party" in English?
What will staff/locals say to you during "attending a party"?
How many English phrases are in this "Attending a Party" scene?
Are there cultural tips for "attending a party" in English-speaking countries?
Related Social Scenes · 相关场景
View all →想要听到真人发音?立即开始练习
Want to hear native pronunciation? Start practicing now
免费注册,沉浸式练习这个场景的每一句对话
Sign up free for immersive practice with every phrase in this scene