Skip to content

How to make small talk in English?

感谢帮助Thanking for Help

真诚感谢别人的帮助 This scene includes 16 dialogue turns across 2 conversation paths, helping you practice with 帮助者.

Social · 社交16 phrasesBasic 基础Intermediate 进阶

Dialogue Preview · 对话预览

Thanking for Daily Help · 感谢日常帮助

basic
You

I just wanted to say thank you so much for helping me with the move. I couldn't have done it without you.

我就是想说非常感谢你帮我搬家。没有你我做不到。

Of course! That's what friends are for. I'm glad I could help.

当然!朋友就是用来做这个的。我很高兴能帮上忙。

You

No really, you gave up your whole Saturday for me. That means a lot.

不,真的,你为我牺牲了整个周六。这对我来说意义很大。

Honestly, I had fun! Plus, I got a workout out of it, haha. Your new place is really nice, by the way.

说真的,我觉得挺好玩的!而且还锻炼了身体,哈哈。对了,你的新地方真不错。

You

Thanks! Once I get settled in, you'll have to come over for a housewarming dinner.

谢谢!等我安顿好了,你一定要来吃乔迁晚餐。

Now that's an offer I can't refuse! Your cooking is legendary.

这个邀请我无法拒绝!你的厨艺是传奇级别的。

You

Ha, you flatter me! But seriously, it's the least I can do. You've been such a huge help.

哈,你过奖了!但说真的,这是我最起码能做的。你帮了大忙了。

💡 'It's the least I can do' 表示'这是我最起码能做的',是常见的感激表达。

Just name the date and I'll be there with an empty stomach!

定好日期我就空着肚子来!

Thanking for a Big Favor · 感谢大忙

intermediate
You

Rachel, I don't even know how to begin to thank you. You really saved me when you drove me to the hospital.

Rachel,我都不知道该怎么感谢你。你开车送我去医院真的救了我。

Wei, please — anyone would have done the same. I'm just glad you're feeling better now.

Wei,拜托——任何人都会那么做的。我只是高兴你现在感觉好多了。

You

But not everyone did — you did. And at 2 AM! I know that wasn't easy.

但不是每个人都做了——是你做了。还是凌晨两点!我知道那不容易。

Hey, being far from home and getting sick is scary. I didn't want you to go through that alone.

嘿,在远离家乡的地方生病是很可怕的。我不想让你一个人经历那些。

You

You even translated for me when I couldn't explain my symptoms properly. I owe you big time.

你甚至在我无法正确描述症状的时候帮我翻译。我欠你一个大人情。

💡 'I owe you big time' 是比较随意的表达,意思是'欠你很多'。

You don't owe me anything. Just take care of yourself, that's all the thanks I need.

你不欠我什么。照顾好你自己,就是对我最好的感谢。

You

Well, at least let me cook you an amazing dinner once I'm fully recovered.

那至少等我完全康复后让我给你做一顿大餐。

Now that I won't say no to! Focus on getting well first. We've got plenty of time.

那个我不会拒绝的!先专注恢复健康。时间多的是。

Key Phrases · 关键短语

that's what friends are for

朋友就是用来做这个的

got a workout out of it

顺便锻炼了身体

by the way

顺便说一下

can't refuse

无法拒绝

legendary

传奇的/超厉害的

name the date

定日期

anyone would have done the same

任何人都会那么做的

glad you're feeling better

高兴你感觉好些了

far from home

远离家乡

go through that alone

一个人经历

take care of yourself

照顾好你自己

all the thanks I need

我需要的全部感谢

Cultural Notes · 文化注释

  • 'It's the least I can do' 表示'这是我最起码能做的',是常见的感激表达。
  • 'I owe you big time' 是比较随意的表达,意思是'欠你很多'。

How to practice this scene · 如何练习

1

Listen · 听一遍

Play the full dialogue to understand the context and flow.

2

Repeat · 逐句跟读

Mimic pronunciation, intonation, and rhythm phrase by phrase.

3

Role-play · 角色扮演

Practice as the traveler while listening to the other speaker.

FAQ · 常见问题

What do you say when "thanking for help" in English?
You can start with: "I just wanted to say thank you so much for helping me with the move. I couldn't have done it without you." (我就是想说非常感谢你帮我搬家。没有你我做不到。).
What will staff/locals say to you during "thanking for help"?
You may hear: "Of course! That's what friends are for. I'm glad I could help." (当然!朋友就是用来做这个的。我很高兴能帮上忙。).
How many English phrases are in this "Thanking for Help" scene?
This scene contains 16 dialogue turns across 2 conversation flows, covering thanking for daily help, thanking for a big favor.
Are there cultural tips for "thanking for help" in English-speaking countries?
'It's the least I can do' 表示'这是我最起码能做的',是常见的感激表达。 'I owe you big time' 是比较随意的表达,意思是'欠你很多'。

Related Social Scenes · 相关场景

View all →

想要听到真人发音?立即开始练习

Want to hear native pronunciation? Start practicing now

免费注册,沉浸式练习这个场景的每一句对话
Sign up free for immersive practice with every phrase in this scene

免费开始 / Start Free