How to make small talk in English?
短信约计划 — Texting to Make Plans
通过短信与朋友商量出行计划 This scene includes 16 dialogue turns across 2 conversation paths, helping you practice with 朋友.
Dialogue Preview · 对话预览
Texting to Plan an Activity · 短信约活动
basicHey! Any plans this weekend? I was thinking we could do something fun.
嘿!这周末有安排吗?我在想我们可以做点好玩的。
I'm free Saturday! What did you have in mind?
我周六有空!你想做什么?
How about the new escape room downtown? I heard it's really challenging.
市中心新开的密室逃脱怎么样?我听说很有挑战性。
Ooh, I've been wanting to try that! Should we get more people? It's better with a bigger group.
哦,我一直想去试试!要不要多叫几个人?人多更好玩。
Great idea! I'll ask Chris and Maria. What time works for you?
好主意!我去问 Chris 和 Maria。你几点方便?
Afternoon is best — maybe 2 or 3? That way we can grab food after.
下午最好——两点或三点?这样我们之后可以去吃饭。
Perfect. I'll book the 2:30 slot and let everyone know. Can't wait!
完美。我订两点半的场次然后通知大家。太期待了!
You're the best planner! See you Saturday 👍
你是最好的组织者!周六见 👍
Texting to Change Plans · 短信改计划
intermediateHey, small change of plans — the restaurant we picked is fully booked. Any other ideas?
嘿,计划有点变化——我们选的餐厅订满了。有其他想法吗?
Oh that's a bummer. How about that Thai place on 3rd Avenue? I think they take walk-ins.
哦,真遗憾。第三大道那家泰国餐厅怎么样?我记得他们接受直接到店。
💡 'walk-ins' 指不预约直接到店,在西方很多餐厅都接受。
Oh I love that place! Good call. Should we still meet at the same time?
我喜欢那家!好主意。我们还是同一时间碰面吗?
Maybe push it back 30 minutes? That gives us more time and the place won't be as crowded.
要不推迟半小时?这样我们有更多时间,那里也不会那么挤。
Works for me! 7:30 instead of 7. I'll let Emma know about the change.
我没问题!七点半而不是七点。我告诉 Emma 改了。
Thanks! And actually, can you ask her if she has any food allergies? I want to make sure the place works for everyone.
谢谢!对了,你能问她有没有食物过敏吗?我想确保这家店适合所有人。
Good thinking! She just said no allergies, just no seafood. Thai place should be fine since there's tons of options.
想得周到!她说没有过敏,就是不吃海鲜。泰国餐厅应该没问题,选择很多。
Perfect, we're all set then! See everyone at 7:30 at Thai Garden.
完美,那就定了!七点半 Thai Garden 见大家。
Key Phrases · 关键短语
what did you have in mind
你想做什么
I've been wanting to try that
我一直想试
a bigger group
更多人/更大的团队
that way
这样的话
grab food after
之后去吃饭
the best planner
最好的组织者
change of plans
计划变化
fully booked
订满了
good call
好主意
works for me
我没问题
good thinking
想得周到
tons of options
很多选择
Cultural Notes · 文化注释
- •'walk-ins' 指不预约直接到店,在西方很多餐厅都接受。
How to practice this scene · 如何练习
Listen · 听一遍
Play the full dialogue to understand the context and flow.
Repeat · 逐句跟读
Mimic pronunciation, intonation, and rhythm phrase by phrase.
Role-play · 角色扮演
Practice as the traveler while listening to the other speaker.
FAQ · 常见问题
What do you say when "texting to make plans" in English?
What will staff/locals say to you during "texting to make plans"?
How many English phrases are in this "Texting to Make Plans" scene?
Are there cultural tips for "texting to make plans" in English-speaking countries?
Related Social Scenes · 相关场景
View all →想要听到真人发音?立即开始练习
Want to hear native pronunciation? Start practicing now
免费注册,沉浸式练习这个场景的每一句对话
Sign up free for immersive practice with every phrase in this scene