How to make small talk in English?
电话取消计划 — Phone Call to Cancel Plans
通过电话取消或改变已约好的计划 This scene includes 16 dialogue turns across 2 conversation paths, helping you practice with 朋友.
Dialogue Preview · 对话预览
Canceling Plans · 取消约定
basicHey Sarah, I'm really sorry but I need to cancel our dinner plans for tomorrow. Something came up at work.
嘿 Sarah,真的很抱歉但我需要取消明天的晚餐计划。工作上有突发情况。
💡 'something came up' 是取消计划时最常用的解释,不需要说太详细的原因。
Oh no! That's too bad. Is everything okay?
哦不!太可惜了。一切还好吗?
Yeah, just a last-minute deadline. I feel terrible about canceling. Can we reschedule?
还好,就是临时多了一个截止日期。取消让我觉得很过意不去。我们能改期吗?
Of course! Don't worry about it. Work comes first sometimes. How about next week instead?
当然!别担心。有时候工作第一。下周怎么样?
Next week would be great. How about Tuesday or Wednesday evening?
下周太好了。周二或周三晚上怎么样?
Wednesday works better for me. Same restaurant? I was really looking forward to trying it.
周三更方便。同一家餐厅?我之前真的很期待去试试。
Yes, same place! And dinner's on me since I'm the one canceling. It's only fair.
好,同一家!而且晚餐我请,既然是我取消的。这才公平。
Ha, I won't argue with that! Good luck with the work stuff. Wednesday it is!
哈,我不会反对的!工作加油。就周三了!
Responding to Cancellation · 被取消时的回应
intermediateWei, I feel awful but I have to bail on our plans tonight. My kid is sick and I need to stay home.
Wei,我觉得很过意不去但今晚我得放你鸽子了。我孩子生病了我得待在家。
Oh no, don't worry about it at all! Your kid comes first. Is it serious?
别担心,完全没关系!孩子最重要。严重吗?
💡 先关心对方的情况比表达失望更暖心。
Just a fever, I think. Probably just a cold, but I want to keep an eye on him.
应该就是发烧。可能只是感冒,但我想看着他。
Of course. Do you need anything? I could drop off some soup if that would help.
当然。你需要什么吗?如果有帮助的话我可以送碗汤来。
That's so sweet of you! Honestly, we're okay for now. But I really appreciate you offering.
你太贴心了!说实话,我们暂时没事。但真的很感谢你提出来。
No problem. Let me know if anything changes. We can reschedule whenever your little one is better.
没关系。有什么变化告诉我。你家小的好了以后我们随时可以改期。
You're the best. Thanks for being so understanding. I'll let you know how he's doing.
你最好了。谢谢你这么理解。我会告诉你他的情况。
Anytime! Take care of your little guy. Sending healing vibes!
不客气!照顾好你家小家伙。祝他快点好起来!
💡 'sending healing vibes' 是很温暖的现代口语表达,比正式的 'I hope he recovers soon' 更亲切。
Key Phrases · 关键短语
that's too bad
太可惜了
is everything okay
一切还好吗
work comes first
工作第一
how about next week instead
改到下周怎么样
works better for me
对我更方便
I won't argue with that
我不会反对
bail on
放鸽子/取消
feel awful
觉得很过意不去
keep an eye on
看着/留意
we're okay for now
我们暂时没事
you're the best
你最好了
Cultural Notes · 文化注释
- •'something came up' 是取消计划时最常用的解释,不需要说太详细的原因。
- •先关心对方的情况比表达失望更暖心。
- •'sending healing vibes' 是很温暖的现代口语表达,比正式的 'I hope he recovers soon' 更亲切。
How to practice this scene · 如何练习
Listen · 听一遍
Play the full dialogue to understand the context and flow.
Repeat · 逐句跟读
Mimic pronunciation, intonation, and rhythm phrase by phrase.
Role-play · 角色扮演
Practice as the traveler while listening to the other speaker.
FAQ · 常见问题
What do you say when "phone call to cancel plans" in English?
What will staff/locals say to you during "phone call to cancel plans"?
How many English phrases are in this "Phone Call to Cancel Plans" scene?
Are there cultural tips for "phone call to cancel plans" in English-speaking countries?
Related Social Scenes · 相关场景
View all →想要听到真人发音?立即开始练习
Want to hear native pronunciation? Start practicing now
免费注册,沉浸式练习这个场景的每一句对话
Sign up free for immersive practice with every phrase in this scene