How to make small talk in English?
邻居噪音问题 — Noise Complaint with Neighbor
处理与邻居之间的噪音问题 This scene includes 16 dialogue turns across 2 conversation paths, helping you practice with 邻居.
Dialogue Preview · 对话预览
Politely Raising Noise Issue · 礼貌提出噪音问题
basicHi David, sorry to bother you. I wanted to talk to you about something — the music last night was a bit loud and I had trouble sleeping.
嗨 David,不好意思打扰你。我想跟你聊件事——昨晚的音乐有点大声,我睡不好。
💡 先说 'sorry to bother you' 再提出问题,这样不会显得咄咄逼人。
Oh no, I'm really sorry about that! I had some friends over and we lost track of time.
天哪,真的很抱歉!我有朋友过来,我们忘了时间。
No worries, it happens! I totally understand having friends over. Maybe just keeping it down after 10 PM would be great?
没关系,谁都会这样!我完全理解有朋友来。也许十点以后音量小一点就好?
Absolutely, that's completely fair. I should have been more considerate. It won't happen again.
当然,这完全合理。我应该更体贴一些。不会再发生了。
Thanks for being so understanding. I really appreciate it. And honestly, your music taste is great — just maybe at a lower volume!
谢谢你这么理解。真的很感激。说实话,你的音乐品味很好——就是音量小一点就行!
Ha, thanks! And hey — if I'm ever too loud again, please don't hesitate to text me. Here's my number.
哈,谢谢!对了——如果我以后又太吵了,请随时给我发消息。这是我的号码。
That's great, thank you! And same goes for me — if I'm ever being too noisy, let me know.
太好了,谢谢!我也一样——如果我太吵了,告诉我。
Deal! That's what good neighbors do. Have a great day, Wei!
成交!好邻居就该这样。祝你今天愉快,Wei!
Neighbor Complains About Your Noise · 被邻居投诉噪音
intermediateHey Wei, I hope you don't mind me saying this, but the cooking smells and the exhaust fan have been pretty strong lately.
嘿 Wei,希望你别介意我说这个,但最近做饭的味道和油烟机声音挺大的。
Oh, I'm so sorry! I had no idea it was bothering you. Chinese cooking can be pretty intense with the oil and spices.
哦,我太抱歉了!我不知道这困扰到你了。中国菜的油和调料味道确实挺重的。
I figured it might be a cooking style thing. Is there anything that might help? Maybe running the fan on a higher setting?
我猜可能是烹饪方式的问题。有什么办法吗?也许把风扇开大一点?
Good idea. I can also try opening the window at the same time and cooking with the door closed.
好主意。我也可以同时开窗,关着门做饭。
That would really help. And honestly, whatever you're cooking always smells delicious — it's just a lot sometimes!
那会很有帮助。说实话,你做的东西闻起来总是很香——只是有时候味道太浓了!
Ha, thank you! Tell you what — next time I make something, I'll bring you a plate. Consider it a peace offering!
哈,谢谢!这样吧——下次我做菜的时候,给你端一盘。当作和解礼物!
💡 'peace offering' 是指用善意的行为来化解小摩擦,用在这里很幽默恰当。
Now that's a deal I can get behind! Seriously though, thanks for being so cool about it.
这个我可以接受!说真的,谢谢你这么好说话。
Of course! I want to be a good neighbor. Thanks for telling me directly instead of just being annoyed.
当然!我想做个好邻居。谢谢你直接告诉我而不是默默生气。
Key Phrases · 关键短语
lost track of time
忘了时间
completely fair
完全合理
more considerate
更体贴
don't hesitate to
不要犹豫/请随时
that's what good neighbors do
好邻居就该这样
I hope you don't mind me saying
希望你别介意我说
pretty strong
挺重/挺大的
cooking style thing
烹饪方式的问题
a lot sometimes
有时候太浓/太多了
get behind
支持/接受
being so cool about it
这么好说话
Cultural Notes · 文化注释
- •先说 'sorry to bother you' 再提出问题,这样不会显得咄咄逼人。
- •'peace offering' 是指用善意的行为来化解小摩擦,用在这里很幽默恰当。
How to practice this scene · 如何练习
Listen · 听一遍
Play the full dialogue to understand the context and flow.
Repeat · 逐句跟读
Mimic pronunciation, intonation, and rhythm phrase by phrase.
Role-play · 角色扮演
Practice as the traveler while listening to the other speaker.
FAQ · 常见问题
What do you say when "noise complaint with neighbor" in English?
What will staff/locals say to you during "noise complaint with neighbor"?
How many English phrases are in this "Noise Complaint with Neighbor" scene?
Are there cultural tips for "noise complaint with neighbor" in English-speaking countries?
Related Social Scenes · 相关场景
View all →想要听到真人发音?立即开始练习
Want to hear native pronunciation? Start practicing now
免费注册,沉浸式练习这个场景的每一句对话
Sign up free for immersive practice with every phrase in this scene