How to make small talk in English?
请邻居帮忙 — Asking Neighbor for Help
向邻居请求帮助或互相帮忙 This scene includes 16 dialogue turns across 2 conversation paths, helping you practice with 邻居.
Dialogue Preview · 对话预览
Asking for a Favor · 请邻居帮忙
basicHey Karen, I have a big favor to ask. I'm going away for a week — would you mind picking up my packages if any arrive?
嘿 Karen,我有个忙想请你帮。我要出去一周——如果有包裹到的话,你介意帮我拿一下吗?
💡 'I have a big favor to ask' 先打预防针,让对方有心理准备,比直接要求更礼貌。
Of course, no problem at all! I'm home most days anyway. Where are you heading?
当然,完全没问题!反正我大部分时间在家。你去哪儿?
I'm going back to China to visit my parents. Thank you so much — I really appreciate it.
我回中国看望父母。太感谢了——真的很感激。
That's wonderful! Give your parents my regards. Do you want me to water any plants too?
太好了!代我问候你父母。需要我帮你浇花吗?
Oh, that would be amazing! I have a few on the balcony. I'll show you before I leave.
那就太好了!我阳台上有几盆。我走之前给你看看。
Easy! I'll take good care of them. Anything else you need?
没问题!我会好好照顾它们的。还需要什么吗?
That's more than enough. I'll bring you back something nice from China as a thank-you.
这已经够多了。我从中国给你带个好东西回来作为感谢。
Aw, you don't have to! But I won't say no! Have a wonderful trip, Wei!
你不用的!但我不会拒绝的!祝你旅途愉快,Wei!
Neighbor Offers Help · 邻居主动帮忙
intermediateHey Wei, I noticed you've been carrying a lot of furniture up the stairs. Do you need a hand?
嘿 Wei,我注意到你一直在搬家具上楼。需要帮忙吗?
Oh, that would be a lifesaver! I still have a bookshelf in the car that I can't manage alone.
那真是救命了!我车里还有个书架我一个人搬不了。
💡 'lifesaver' 表示'救命恩人',用来形容帮了大忙的人。
Say no more! Let me grab my gloves and I'll meet you downstairs. My buddy Mike is visiting — he can help too.
不用多说!我拿下手套楼下见你。我朋友 Mike 正好来了——他也能帮忙。
You guys are incredible. I really wasn't expecting this kind of help.
你们太好了。我真没想到会有这样的帮助。
That's what neighbors are for! Besides, I could use the exercise. Let's get this done!
邻居就该这样!再说,我正好锻炼一下。动起来吧!
Thank you both so much. Once we're done, can I treat you to pizza? It's the least I can do.
太感谢你们了。搬完以后我请你们吃披萨好吗?这是我最起码能做的。
Pizza sounds perfect! But you don't have to — honestly, we're happy to help.
披萨听起来太好了!但你不用——说真的,我们很乐意帮忙。
I insist! You've both been so generous with your time. Alright, let's do this!
我坚持!你们都太大方了。好了,开干吧!
Key Phrases · 关键短语
no problem at all
完全没问题
give your parents my regards
代我问候你父母
take good care of
好好照顾
have a wonderful trip
祝你旅途愉快
need a hand
需要帮忙吗
say no more
不用多说
could use the exercise
正好锻炼一下
let's get this done
搞定它/动起来
happy to help
很乐意帮忙
Cultural Notes · 文化注释
- •'I have a big favor to ask' 先打预防针,让对方有心理准备,比直接要求更礼貌。
- •'lifesaver' 表示'救命恩人',用来形容帮了大忙的人。
How to practice this scene · 如何练习
Listen · 听一遍
Play the full dialogue to understand the context and flow.
Repeat · 逐句跟读
Mimic pronunciation, intonation, and rhythm phrase by phrase.
Role-play · 角色扮演
Practice as the traveler while listening to the other speaker.
FAQ · 常见问题
What do you say when "asking neighbor for help" in English?
What will staff/locals say to you during "asking neighbor for help"?
How many English phrases are in this "Asking Neighbor for Help" scene?
Are there cultural tips for "asking neighbor for help" in English-speaking countries?
Related Social Scenes · 相关场景
View all →想要听到真人发音?立即开始练习
Want to hear native pronunciation? Start practicing now
免费注册,沉浸式练习这个场景的每一句对话
Sign up free for immersive practice with every phrase in this scene