How to make small talk in English?
邀请参加聚会 — Party Invitation
邀请或被邀请参加派对聚会 This scene includes 16 dialogue turns across 2 conversation paths, helping you practice with 朋友.
Dialogue Preview · 对话预览
Sending a Party Invite · 发出派对邀请
basicHey Jake, I'm having a little get-together at my place this Saturday. Would you like to come?
嘿 Jake,这周六我在家搞个小聚会。你要来吗?
💡 'get-together' 比 'party' 更随意,适合小型聚会。', casualVersion: 'Hey, I'm throwing a little thing Saturday — you in?
Sounds fun! What's the occasion? Or just for kicks?
听起来很好玩!有什么特别原因吗?还是就聚聚?
No special occasion — just thought it'd be nice to have everyone over before I head back to China.
没什么特别原因——就是觉得在我回中国之前把大家聚一聚挺好的。
Aw, that's a great idea! What time should I come? And can I bring anything?
啊,好主意!我几点来?我能带点什么吗?
Come around 6. And if you want, you can bring some drinks. I'll take care of the food.
六点左右来吧。如果你想的话,可以带点饮料。食物我来准备。
Deal! I'll bring some beer and maybe a bottle of wine. Can I bring my roommate too?
成交!我带些啤酒和一瓶葡萄酒。我能带我室友一起来吗?
Of course! The more the merrier. I'm making some Chinese dishes — hope everyone's adventurous!
当然!人越多越热闹。我打算做几个中国菜——希望大家都够大胆!
💡 'The more the merrier' 是固定用语,表示欢迎更多人来。
Oh man, your cooking is the best! We'll definitely be there. Can't wait!
天哪,你做的菜最好吃了!我们一定来。太期待了!
Responding to Party Invite · 回应派对邀请
intermediateHey! I'm throwing a housewarming party next weekend. You should totally come!
嘿!下周末我办乔迁派对。你一定要来!
A housewarming! Congrats on the new place! I'd love to come. What day exactly?
乔迁派对!恭喜搬新家!我很想来。具体哪天?
💡 先祝贺再确认细节,这个顺序很自然。
Thanks! It's Saturday the 20th, starting around 4 PM. Super casual — just food, drinks, and hanging out.
谢谢!是20号周六,下午4点左右开始。很随意——就是吃吃喝喝聊聊天。
That works for me. Should I bring a housewarming gift? Any ideas what you need?
我可以。我需要带乔迁礼物吗?有什么你需要的吗?
Oh, you don't have to! But if you insist, a bottle of wine or a plant is always nice.
哦,不用的!但如果你坚持的话,一瓶酒或一盆植物总是不错的。
I'll find something nice. Is it OK if I bring a friend? She's new in town too.
我会找个好东西的。我可以带个朋友吗?她也是新来的。
Absolutely, bring her along! It'll be a great way for her to meet people.
当然,带她一起来!这是她认识新朋友的好机会。
Perfect. We'll be there! Is there parking nearby or should we take an Uber?
太好了。我们一定来!附近有停车位吗还是我们打 Uber?
💡 提前问停车问题是很实际也很体贴的做法。
Key Phrases · 关键短语
what's the occasion
什么场合/什么原因
just for kicks
就是好玩/没特别原因
can I bring anything
我能带点什么吗
deal
成交/说定了
can I bring my roommate
我能带我室友吗
can't wait
太期待了/等不及了
housewarming party
乔迁派对
you should totally come
你一定要来
super casual
很随意
hanging out
一起玩/闲逛
if you insist
如果你坚持的话
bring her along
带她一起来
Cultural Notes · 文化注释
- •'get-together' 比 'party' 更随意,适合小型聚会。', casualVersion: 'Hey, I'm throwing a little thing Saturday — you in?
- •'The more the merrier' 是固定用语,表示欢迎更多人来。
- •先祝贺再确认细节,这个顺序很自然。
- •提前问停车问题是很实际也很体贴的做法。
How to practice this scene · 如何练习
Listen · 听一遍
Play the full dialogue to understand the context and flow.
Repeat · 逐句跟读
Mimic pronunciation, intonation, and rhythm phrase by phrase.
Role-play · 角色扮演
Practice as the traveler while listening to the other speaker.
FAQ · 常见问题
What do you say when "party invitation" in English?
What will staff/locals say to you during "party invitation"?
How many English phrases are in this "Party Invitation" scene?
Are there cultural tips for "party invitation" in English-speaking countries?
Related Social Scenes · 相关场景
View all →想要听到真人发音?立即开始练习
Want to hear native pronunciation? Start practicing now
免费注册,沉浸式练习这个场景的每一句对话
Sign up free for immersive practice with every phrase in this scene