How to make small talk in English?
礼貌表达不同意见 — Polite Disagreement
在社交场合礼貌地表达不同的观点 This scene includes 16 dialogue turns across 2 conversation paths, helping you practice with 朋友/同事.
Dialogue Preview · 对话预览
Expressing a Different View · 表达不同看法
basicI think learning a language from textbooks is the best way. You need to understand grammar first before you can speak.
我觉得从教科书学语言是最好的方式。你需要先理解语法才能说。
I see your point, but I actually think immersion works better. I've learned so much more English just from talking to people than from books.
我理解你的观点,但我其实觉得沉浸式学习更有效。我从跟人聊天学到的英语比从书上学到的多得多。
💡 'I see your point, but...' 是表达不同意见最礼貌的开头之一,先认可再提出不同看法。
That's fair. But don't you think you need a foundation first? Like, basic grammar at least?
有道理。但你不觉得先要有基础吗?至少基本语法?
Maybe a little bit, but I think people overthink grammar. Kids learn to speak before they learn grammar rules, right?
也许需要一点点,但我觉得人们太纠结语法了。小孩学说话是在学语法规则之前的,对吧?
Hmm, that's actually a really good point. I hadn't thought about it that way.
嗯,这确实是个好观点。我没从这个角度想过。
I think it probably depends on the person too. Some people are more visual learners, and textbooks work great for them.
我觉得可能也取决于个人。有些人是视觉型学习者,教科书对他们很有用。
💡 在表达完自己的观点后,承认对方的方法也有道理,这样讨论就不会变成争论。
True! Maybe the best approach is a mix of both. Use textbooks for structure and conversation for practice.
没错!也许最好的方法是两者结合。用教科书学结构,用对话来练习。
Now that I can totally agree with! See, this is why I love our conversations — we always learn from each other.
这个我完全同意!看,这就是我喜欢我们聊天的原因——我们总是互相学习。
Sensitive Topic Disagreement · 敏感话题分歧
intermediateI don't understand why parents in some cultures are so strict with their kids. Kids should have more freedom.
我不理解为什么有些文化里的父母对孩子那么严格。孩子应该有更多自由。
I understand where you're coming from, and I used to think the same way. But having grown up in China, I see it a bit differently.
我理解你的想法,以前我也这么觉得。但作为在中国长大的人,我有不同的看法。
Oh, I'm sorry — I didn't mean to offend. I'm genuinely curious about your perspective.
哦,对不起——我不是想冒犯。我是真的好奇你的看法。
No offense taken! In Chinese culture, strictness is often how parents show love. They sacrifice a lot because they want the best for their kids.
没有被冒犯!在中国文化里,严格通常是父母表达爱的方式。他们做出很多牺牲因为想给孩子最好的。
💡 用'不同的方式表达爱'来解释文化差异,比争辩哪种好更有效。
That makes sense when you put it that way. I guess love looks different across cultures.
你这么说确实有道理。我猜爱在不同文化中有不同的表现方式。
Exactly. And honestly, it's not perfect either. Many Chinese young people today feel the pressure was too much. It's a balance.
没错。说实话,也不是完美的。很多中国年轻人今天觉得压力太大了。需要平衡。
I appreciate you being so open about it. These kinds of conversations really broaden my perspective.
谢谢你这么坦诚地分享。这种对话真的拓宽了我的视野。
Same here! That's the beauty of having friends from different backgrounds — we challenge each other to think deeper.
我也是!这就是有来自不同背景的朋友的好处——我们互相促使彼此想得更深。
Key Phrases · 关键短语
the best way
最好的方式
that's fair
有道理
don't you think
你不觉得吗
I hadn't thought about it that way
我没从这个角度想过
a mix of both
两者结合
so strict
那么严格
more freedom
更多自由
didn't mean to offend
不是想冒犯
genuinely curious
真的好奇
when you put it that way
你这么说的话
love looks different
爱有不同的表现
broaden my perspective
拓宽我的视野
Cultural Notes · 文化注释
- •'I see your point, but...' 是表达不同意见最礼貌的开头之一,先认可再提出不同看法。
- •在表达完自己的观点后,承认对方的方法也有道理,这样讨论就不会变成争论。
- •用'不同的方式表达爱'来解释文化差异,比争辩哪种好更有效。
How to practice this scene · 如何练习
Listen · 听一遍
Play the full dialogue to understand the context and flow.
Repeat · 逐句跟读
Mimic pronunciation, intonation, and rhythm phrase by phrase.
Role-play · 角色扮演
Practice as the traveler while listening to the other speaker.
FAQ · 常见问题
What do you say when "polite disagreement" in English?
What will staff/locals say to you during "polite disagreement"?
How many English phrases are in this "Polite Disagreement" scene?
Are there cultural tips for "polite disagreement" in English-speaking countries?
Related Social Scenes · 相关场景
View all →想要听到真人发音?立即开始练习
Want to hear native pronunciation? Start practicing now
免费注册,沉浸式练习这个场景的每一句对话
Sign up free for immersive practice with every phrase in this scene