What are the most essential English phrases for travelers?
收到夸奖怎么回应 — Responding to Compliments
收到夸奖时如何自然回应,以及学会赞美别人 This scene includes 20 dialogue turns across 2 conversation paths, helping you practice with 朋友/同事.
Dialogue Preview · 对话预览
Responding to Daily Compliments · 日常夸奖的回应
basicOh my gosh, I love your jacket! Where did you get it?
天哪,我好喜欢你的夹克!在哪买的?
Thank you! I actually got it on sale at Nordstrom. I was so excited when I found it.
谢谢!其实是在 Nordstrom 打折时买的。找到它的时候特别开心。
💡 在美国,收到夸奖说 'Thank you!' 就好。中国式的'哪里哪里、没有没有'在美国文化里会显得否定对方的判断力,好像在说'你眼光不好'。
Nice find! And honestly, your English has gotten so much better since you started here. Like, seriously impressive.
找得好!而且说真的,自从你来这之后英语进步好多。真的很让人佩服。
That's really nice of you to say! I've been watching a lot of American TV shows — I think that helps more than textbooks, honestly.
你这么说真好!我最近看了很多美剧——说实话我觉得比课本管用。
💡 'That's really nice of you to say' 或 'That means a lot' 是回应夸奖的万能句。可以顺便分享你的学习方法,让对话继续下去。
Ha! That totally works. By the way, great job on the presentation yesterday. The client seemed really happy with it.
哈!那确实管用。对了,昨天的演示做得太好了。客户看起来很满意。
Oh, thank you! I was actually pretty nervous about it. But the team helped a lot with the slides, so it was really a group effort.
哦,谢谢!我其实挺紧张的。不过团队帮了很多忙做幻灯片,所以真的是大家的功劳。
💡 先感谢,再适当归功团队是完美的职场回应。既不过分谦虚,也不独揽功劳。
Well, you're the one who delivered it! You should be proud. You're doing amazing here.
但你是上台讲的人!你应该骄傲。你在这里做得太好了。
That really means a lot to me. Thank you, I'm learning a lot from everyone here too.
这对我来说意义很大。谢谢,我也从这里每个人身上学到很多。
Anytime! Hey, we should grab lunch sometime. I want to hear more about your life in China.
随时!嘿,我们改天一起吃午饭吧。我想多了解你在中国的生活。
I'd love that! How about Friday? And by the way — I really like your earrings today. They're so pretty!
太好了!周五怎么样?对了——我好喜欢你今天戴的耳环。好好看!
💡 学会主动夸奖别人也很重要。'I love your...' 或 'That's a great...' 是最自然的夸奖开头。
Workplace Praise & Giving Compliments · 职场夸奖 + 学会赞美别人
intermediateWayne, I wanted to pull you aside real quick. The report you put together was outstanding. The data analysis was thorough and the recommendations were spot-on.
Wayne,我想和你单独说一下。你做的报告非常出色。数据分析很全面,建议也非常到位。
Thank you so much — that really means a lot coming from you. I spent a lot of time on the data section, so I'm glad it showed.
非常感谢——从你这里听到这话对我意义很大。数据部分我花了很多时间,很高兴能看出来。
💡 'That means a lot coming from you' 是非常高级的回应——既表示感谢,又巧妙地夸回对方(暗示你重视对方的评价)。
It definitely showed. I also noticed you stayed late to help Sarah with her part. That kind of teamwork doesn't go unnoticed.
确实能看出来。我还注意到你留下来帮 Sarah 完成她的部分。这种团队精神我们都看在眼里。
Well, Sarah's actually the one who had the idea for the new visualization format. I just helped with the execution. She's really creative — have you told her that?
其实新的可视化格式是 Sarah 的想法。我只是帮忙执行的。她真的很有创意——你跟她说过吗?
💡 归功于同事是非常好的职场习惯。而且建议经理直接表扬同事,显示你的团队意识和领导力。
That's a great point — I'll make sure to tell her. I appreciate that you look out for your team. That's real leadership right there.
说得好——我会和她说的。很欣赏你替团队着想。这就是真正的领导力。
I appreciate that. Honestly, the whole team made it happen. Oh, and by the way — I really liked how you framed the project kickoff last week. The way you set expectations upfront saved us a lot of confusion.
谢谢。说实话,整个团队一起完成的。哦,顺便说——我很喜欢你上周启动项目的方式。你事先设定好期望值,帮我们避免了很多困惑。
Oh wow, thank you for saying that! I don't hear that kind of feedback very often as a manager. That genuinely made my day.
哇,谢谢你这么说!作为经理我不常听到这样的反馈。这真的让我一整天都很开心。
💡 向上赞美(夸奖上级/经理)在美国职场是完全可以的,甚至很受欢迎。关键是要具体——说明你欣赏什么行为和为什么,而不是泛泛地拍马屁。
Of course! I think good work should be acknowledged, regardless of the direction it flows. We're all learning from each other.
当然!我觉得好的工作应该被认可,不管方向是上还是下。我们互相学习。
Couldn't agree more. All right, keep up the great work. And hey — I'm putting your name forward for the team lead role on the next project. You've earned it.
完全同意。好的,继续保持。顺便说——下个项目的团队负责人我推荐了你。你值得。
Wow, I'm honored! Thank you for the opportunity. I won't let you down.
哇,太荣幸了!谢谢这个机会。我不会让你失望的。
Key Phrases · 关键短语
I love your
我好喜欢你的
has gotten so much better
进步了好多
seriously impressive
真的很让人佩服
great job on
做得很好
you should be proud
你应该骄傲
doing amazing
做得太好了
means a lot
对我来说意义重大/很感动
grab lunch sometime
改天一起吃午饭
pull you aside
和你单独说
outstanding
出色的
spot-on
非常准确/到位
doesn't go unnoticed
不会被忽视/我们都看在眼里
Cultural Notes · 文化注释
- •在美国,收到夸奖说 'Thank you!' 就好。中国式的'哪里哪里、没有没有'在美国文化里会显得否定对方的判断力,好像在说'你眼光不好'。
- •'That's really nice of you to say' 或 'That means a lot' 是回应夸奖的万能句。可以顺便分享你的学习方法,让对话继续下去。
- •先感谢,再适当归功团队是完美的职场回应。既不过分谦虚,也不独揽功劳。
- •学会主动夸奖别人也很重要。'I love your...' 或 'That's a great...' 是最自然的夸奖开头。
- •'That means a lot coming from you' 是非常高级的回应——既表示感谢,又巧妙地夸回对方(暗示你重视对方的评价)。
- •归功于同事是非常好的职场习惯。而且建议经理直接表扬同事,显示你的团队意识和领导力。
- •向上赞美(夸奖上级/经理)在美国职场是完全可以的,甚至很受欢迎。关键是要具体——说明你欣赏什么行为和为什么,而不是泛泛地拍马屁。
How to practice this scene · 如何练习
Listen · 听一遍
Play the full dialogue to understand the context and flow.
Repeat · 逐句跟读
Mimic pronunciation, intonation, and rhythm phrase by phrase.
Role-play · 角色扮演
Practice as the traveler while listening to the other speaker.
FAQ · 常见问题
What do you say when "responding to compliments" in English?
What will staff/locals say to you during "responding to compliments"?
How many English phrases are in this "Responding to Compliments" scene?
Are there cultural tips for "responding to compliments" in English-speaking countries?
Related Foundation Scenes · 相关场景
View all →想要听到真人发音?立即开始练习
Want to hear native pronunciation? Start practicing now
免费注册,沉浸式练习这个场景的每一句对话
Sign up free for immersive practice with every phrase in this scene